A chopping board is such a tool that it can keep your kitchen safe and protected from getting contaminated with foods. It is one such tool that is used in almost all kitchens. The chopping boards are made of various metals. Some people use wooden chopping boards while others uses plastic ones. It depends upon the user which one they would prefer. However, it is essential to keep the chopping boards clean after being used. It would help if you remembered that the cleaning process of both the wooden and plastic chopping boards is different from each other.
Best ways to clean the wooden and plastic chopping boards:
You can clean your favorite chopping board with your pantry items. These are some simple steps and methods you need to follow. In this part, you will learn about the tips for cleaning the chopping boards. Let us now proceed to the central part of our discussion.
- If you mix one tablespoon of bicarbonate soda with one tablespoon of soda and warm water, you can use the paste for cleaning the chopping board. Once the paste is ready, you need to paste the board with the paste. Leave the board in this condition for a moment. Now rinse the board with hot water and let it dry. To get an effective cleaning, you can also vinegar and lemon juice. It can bring back the shine of the chopping within a short time.
- Vinegar is always a great item for cleaning the chopping boards. It is easy to use and effective in bringing back the original glow of the board. After washing the board, you can wipe the board with white vinegar. If you want, you can deodorize the board by using bicarbonate soda and spray vinegar on the same. Leave it for a moment.
- If you are using the chopping board for cutting raw meats and other products, it is necessary to use hydrogen peroxide. It is much effective for cleaning these types of boards. It is also good if you spray enough amount of hydrogen peroxide on the board. Then rinse the same with a dry cloth. You can also wash the same with water and dry it.
- Lemons are also used for disinfecting the chopping boards. You can also use it as a deodorizing agent. If you get any smell from the board after cutting the vegetables or similar other items, you can use lemons to get rid of the smell.
- It would help if you remembered that the wooden chopping board should never be placed with dishwasher soap. It can damage the wooden board to a great extent. So, it is better to avoid water and soap. Instead, you can try using other tips.
Best way to clean plastic wooden chopping boards:
You must also have a clear conception of the process of cleaning the plastic wooden chopping boards. This will help in the easy maintenance of the board to a reasonable extent. Let us try to know the best steps.
- To keep the plastic board clean, you can wash it with soap and water. It is okay if you use a scrubber while cleaning the board. This will make the board clean and can give you a long-term service.
- You can also use a solution made of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to spray on the board. This will remove the foul smell from the board. After spraying this solution, leave it for five minutes. Then you can wash the same with water.
- You can make a paste of baking soda, salt, and water. You can also use a scrubber for cleaning the stains on the plastic wooden chopping board.
Now, it is easy and smooth to maintain a chopping board. Whether you are using a wooden or plastic chopping board, it would help if you used the above tips to keep the tool clean and fresh for a long time. Wooden chopping boards are always preferred to be a great kitchen tool. It can help in keeping the kitchen premises clean and hygiene for an extended period. On the other part, it is easy to use a chopping board after the work is done.