A chopping board is an essential kitchen tool for cutting vegetables and other items. A chopping board can help in the hassle-free cutting of vegetables. However, you can get various metals from chopping boards. You can select the comfortable one. Most chopping boards are available in wooden and plastic materials. Many people believe that wooden chopping boards are healthy and better. Do you know about the uses of chopping boards? It is a board that helps in the smooth cutting of the vegetables into various shapes and sizes. It has a board which you can use for placing the vegetables.
Which is better? Wooden or plastic chopping board:
Before many people, it may be the question as to which one is the best chopping board for vegetables. It is found that both the plastic and wooden chopping boards have some pros and cons. Still, wooden chopping boards are always much preferred and loved by people. Let us now try to explore the benefits and advantages of a wooden chopping board.
- At first, it is seen that wooden chopping boards always hold fewer bacteria than plastic ones. If you cut raw materials like meat, chicken, or other items, it is better to use wooden ones. Research has revealed the matter those bacteria’ in wooden boards sink quickly than in plastic boards. They eventually die with time. But in the case of plastic boards, the bacteria get stuck into the board or the knives. It can appear to be much harmful to the users.
- If you use a chopping board for an extended period, it may experience wear and tear. In other words, it may get damaged. The primary facility of using a wooden board is you can resurface the board if required. But if you use a plastic board, there is no chance of resurfacing even if the board gets damaged. It is one of the significant disadvantages of a plastic board.
- As wooden chopping boards are made of maple or beech wood, it is durable. This is not the case with plastic panels. They are not stable in the true sense. The plastic boards are lighter and easier to handle, but they are not stable or give you a long-term service. This is another reason why people prefer to use wooden chopping boards in the kitchen.
- Cleaning or sanitizing the bacteria is easier on wooden chopping boards. People have a misconception that plastic panels have pores, so it is easy to clean bacteria’s. You can clean bacteria from plastic chopping boards with the help of soap water. But it is much easier to clean the bacteria from the wooden board with simple water.
- Regular polish on the wooden chopping boards will keep the bacteria away. It is also suitable for knives. The blades in the plastic boards get blunt within a short time. It cannot give you a long-term service. This is why wooden chopping boards are most useful.
A complete overview on chopping boards:
If you are using a chopping board, you must keep specific things in your mind. This will help to use the tool for an extended period.
- It would help if you never used any board for a long time. This may be harmful and bad for your health. Regular maintenance and sanitization of the board are always required. If it is tough to resurface the board, you must better replace it.
- You must always segregate the board after cutting raw materials. This will decrease the risk of cross-contamination to a good extent. Segregation must be done in the best possible manner.
- Wood is always considered to be the safest one in all aspects. You can use a wooden chopping board for an extended period even after resurfacing it.
- Apart from all this, wooden chopping boards are known for their handsome and aesthetic look. If you want a product that is attractive and useful, you must try using wooden chopping boards.
You can get various types of chopping boards in the market. Some of them have an attractive look. But it is always right to use wooden chopping boards. They are hygienic and come with advanced features. You will enjoy cooking with these essential kitchen tools.